Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Ride home for Wednesday, 01 November

It looks like I may be doing another business trip up to Truro. It would have been nice to do it in summer, but I suppose I can't have everything. Given the glacial pace of the last engagement I wouldn't be surprised to be riding up there in sub-zero temperatures with studded tyres.

I also think I have found an explanation (or possibly merely a correlation) for drivers' levels of courteousness; it seems to follow the price of gas, so as it drifts downwards (as noted in the 3 month version of the Halifax Gas Prices chart) drivers are courteous and careful around cyclists, but as soon as the price starts rising some drivers start feeling resentful about being hit at the pumps when cyclists don't have to pay the same price. Not much I can do about it, unfortunately...

Distance logged: 11.916km
Time: 37:11
Average speed: 19.2km/hr
Max speed: 45.6 km/hr
Temperature: 10C, clear
Cumulative distance: 6892.850km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.38
Monthly distance: 26.613km
Monthly cost per km: $0

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting...I bet the government would give tons of money to do an offical study on that. Hmmm, yeah, government sponsered to ride my bike to work and pay attention to driver's attitudes based on gas prices. I think I like that idea!

Friday, November 03, 2006 2:42:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home