Thursday, November 16, 2006

Ride home for Thursday, 16 November

So much for the weather today, it degenerated back into precipitation. I also had some bad news, the accounts department at work are refusing to pay for my mileage on the grounds that it doesn't cost anything to run a bike. My boss was less than impressed by this, and instead I'm just going to expense the parts that have worn out as a result of company travel, and any bike bits needed. I'm starting with my trip to Truro, where I needed a new cassette, new chain, new chainrings and wheel truing as a result of the trip, and needed to buy a front rack and panniers to carry all my gear up there. A ballpark add-up of the costs comes to more than double what the mileage came to, so it's going to be interesting to see what the fallout will be on that...

Distance logged: 16.505km
Time: 50:39
Average speed: 19.6km/hr
Max speed: 51.5 km/hr
Temperature: 13C, thick fog and misty rain
Cumulative distance: 7215.756km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.39
Monthly distance: 349.519km
Monthly cost per km: $0.64

1 Comments:

Blogger Tuco said...

Hi Steve, that petition I mentioned a little while back, to get the feds to promote cycling, is up at
http://www.gopetition.com/online/10170.html

if you want to take a look and maybe sign that'd be awesome.
And if you're on any cycling forums or message boards etc, feel free to pass the word along. Take care.

Thursday, November 16, 2006 9:39:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home