Sunday, December 10, 2006

Ride home for Friday, 08 December

Stopped off at Idealbikes to get a new front wheel. Dave generously gave me a price break on it since the bike was new, even though the wheel was actually off my old bike. It was definitely easier to ride without a wobble hitting me on every revolution, and the hub was quite a bit smoother too.

Snowy ride home, I had no real problems but I saw plenty of cars spinning. I had to go around quite a few that were just sat there spinning their wheels, I tried hard not to look smug and I think by and large I succeeded. The only sticky point was the fire trail where there was about 4cm of fresh snow, that took quite a bit of effort to ride through but was doable.

Unfortunately it looks like I'm not going to be riding next week; I've been booked in at head office to install an anti-spam server and a Samba file server with AD integration so I'm going to be there all week, and it's definitely not a bike friendly place. There's nowhere there to park a bike apart from locking it to lamp-posts and the like, and I know one guy there who's had three bikes stolen from outside the office during the day - not something I want to risk!

Distance logged: 13.723km
Time: 57:46
Average speed: 14.3km/hr
Max speed: 45 km/hr
Temperature: -1C, heavy snow
Cumulative distance: 7749.095km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.38
Monthly distance: 158.535km
Monthly cost per km: $0.13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home