Friday, December 08, 2006

Ride into work for Friday, 08 December

Damp ride in this morning from all the fog caused by the melting snow. The fire trail had turned rather mushy, but was just about ridable. That'll change later on today, it's supposed to drop down to a low of -9 tonight with more snow on the way, which should make it interesting going to the market tomorrow...

Looks like OSM updated the data file with the data I worked on last weekend. If you go to http://labs.metacarta.com/osm/ and type Halifax into the search box, it comes up with a rather nice looking map. Zooming out shows the highways I added (and, er, also highlights the fact that even after multiple corrections, I managed to cock up a section of the highway in Cape Breton... Oops!) Now all I need to do is figure out how to overlay the OSM data onto the data from Google or similar (possibly using Viking so I can see what streets I've missed in Halifax - I know most of the North end is missing, but I want to get some of the minor streets in Halifax too. Hopefully whoever it was that logged all the data on the highways in Nova Scotia will continue doing it and add more data in...

Distance logged: 12.671km
Time: 36:22
Average speed: 20.9km/hr
Max speed: 55 km/hr
Temperature: 6C, foggy
Cumulative distance: 7735.372km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.38
Monthly distance: 144.812km
Monthly cost per km: $0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home