Thursday, February 08, 2007

Ride into work for Thursday, 08 February

Saw a lot of cyclists on the way in today for some reason, I counted 14 in total. Most endearing was the one I passed on Chebucto Lane (a tiny one-way residential back street) who was swerving form side to side in the road in a "isn't this a nice thig to do on such a glorious summer's day!" fashion, singing to herself (I think I heard something about "dandelions and dewdrops"). After I said "good morning" to her as I passed she shook herself and said "oh, hello!" as if I'd just woken her up or something. At least someone was having a good start to the day!

Distance logged: 11.384km
Time: 36:46
Average speed: 18.6km/hr
Max speed: 50.9 km/hr
Temperature: -18C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 797.806km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.28
Monthly distance: 174.553km
Monthly cost per km: $0.5

2 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

I think it would have been useful for your southern readers to know that it was -18C(0F) at the time... Your best post in a while.

I too have noted allot of riders this winter. Since the days are getting longer I realized that my target date to start riding to work again was approaching fast (March 12). I need to get my rear wheel rebuilt and tuned.

Oh yeah, keep the Muppet posts coming. I love those car drivers.[*EXPLETIVE DELETED*]

Friday, February 09, 2007 12:23:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

I'm sure the southern readers are confused by my using Celsius, but it's what I grew up with. It's not, on the other hand, what my parents grew up with, so in the winter it's 0C but in summer it's 70F.

Just for kicks, I checked to see what the coldest temperature was this year, -21C. This works out to about -6F. Still not a huge amount compared to some of the people out west...

Now's a good time to get the wheel rebuilt, as the bike shops are pretty empty and looking for work. As soon as Spring hits I suspect they're going to see the start of a really busy year.

The muppet posts will keep coming as long as there's muppets on the road. I suspect there will be plenty of muppet posts for years to come...

Friday, February 09, 2007 1:29:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home