Sunday, March 04, 2007

Ride for Saturday, 03 March

Nice warm day after the snowstorm meant it was a pleasant ride down to the farmer's market, although the melting snow made a bit of a mess of the roads. Muppet of the day was the woman stopped in front of me at the red light at the intersection of Oxford and Quinpool and decided it was a good time to start rummaging through her handbag. After waiting behind her for 5 seconds or so after the light turned green, I beeped my horn at her to draw her attention to the fact that everyone was waiting for her. Without even looking up from her handbag she drove straight through the intersection. Her insurance company must love her.

The ride back was a bit rough going along the fire trail, I thought I'd try it just to see what it was like. Someone had been through before me on a bike and they didn't seem to have much fun either, veering from side to side. The worst parts were the clear spots where there was nothing but mud - it was faster to ride through the 5cm of slushy snow! I rode most of the way in the small ring in a mix of 1st and 2nd gear, not much fun at all.

Distance logged: 25.983km
Time: 92:09
Average speed: 16.9km/hr
Max speed: 59.5 km/hr
Temperature: 4C-7C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 1368.757km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.2
Monthly distance: 84.740km
Monthly cost per km: $0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home