Monday, April 02, 2007

Ride home for Monday, 02 April

Went into MEC at lunch and picked up a new backpack as my old one was falling apart. Went into IdealBikes and arranged for my new bike to be ready for Friday. It needs new wheels as the ones that are on there are 27" and I want 700c's - I may well ride this bike in the winter and I want to get tyres that will fit! It needs a new wheel anyway, as there's only a 5 speed freewheel on there and I want an 8 speed cassette.

Chilly ride home, with lots of muppets wanting to demonstrate how close to me they can drive. The concept of a hammer velcro'd to the handlebars becomes more tempting by the day.

Distance logged: 17.551km
Time: 51:28
Average speed: 20.5km/hr
Max speed: 52.2 km/hr
Temperature: 3C
Cumulative distance: 2133.707km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.21
Monthly distance: 100.085km
Monthly cost per km: $1.18

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawna said...

I remember in past years seeing flags that you put on the back of your bike that stuck out from the back wheel (ok, not literally, but attached at the bolt that holds the back wheel on the frame) in order to keep drivers a reason to stay a little farther from a bike.

Do they still make those?

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 10:25:00 am  
Blogger steve said...

Last time I checked, Flash Flags had been pulled from the market due to a design flaw, but it looks like they're coming back - although the "orders are now being accepted for shipment in February" doesn't exactly give me the warm fuzzies. I had a cheap knockoff that Dave at IdealBikes gave me for free, but it self-disassembled on me.

I've seen a guy around town who has one (he also has a rather neat looking painted wooden box as a rack trunk) and it certainly seemed effective.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 10:32:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home