Sunday, April 01, 2007

Ride for Saturday, 31 March

Rode down to the farmer's market to do my weekly shopping. Stopped off at IdealBikes to get my new gear cable tightened as it wasn't shifting into low gear while riding under load, even after twiddling the limit screw all the way. Tightened the saddle nut a bit more but the saddle is still squeaking, so I'm going to look into regreasing the whole thing with a syringe.

Took another look at the bike there, which is a Bottecchia; opinions vary as to the quality, but the ride seems to be pretty good. The wife's comment on my buying another bike was "mmm-hmmm", which, since it was not a negative must therefore be a positive. Mike said I'd be looking at $175 for it with fenders and a mountain bike cassette, so with any luck I'll be picking it up some time next week.

Added in the costs for turtle lights, turtle light helmet mounts, clif bars and electrolyte solution that I forgot to add for Friday.

Distance logged: 25.414km
Time: 87:50
Average speed: 17.4km/hr
Max speed: 53.4 km/hr
Temperature: -3C to 0C, sunny and cloudy
Cumulative distance: 2079.962km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.18
Monthly distance: 46.340km
Monthly cost per km: $1.26

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home