Friday, March 30, 2007

Ride into work for Friday, 30 March

The wind finally stopped, and it was a sunny day, so I decided to take the road bike in. I'd forgotten just how much easier it was to pedal, and how much faster it was, so I took great pleasure in cruising along at relatively high speeds. The brake cables had stretched a bit, but I was able to haul them in with the barrel adjuster on the cyclocross brake handles (although this rendered the main brake handles pretty much useless), and the brake pads seemed a bit off. Other than that, everything seemed fine.

I took the bike into IdealBikes at lunchtime to get a tuneup and the brakes tightened up, and Mike, evil tempter that he is, showed me a new bike that just came in. It looks like it's bigger than my Nishiki, and would be perfect as a commuter for the new office. All I have to do is figure out a way to sneak it past my wife...

Distance logged: 15.975km
Time: 38:17
Average speed: 25km/hr
Max speed: 60.1 km/hr
Temperature: -2C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 2033.622km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.16
Monthly distance: 749.605km
Monthly cost per km: $0.07

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerome said...

Best of luck with your lady! My wife is super understanding, and a little spead sheet laying clearing the money savings of riding vs. driving a car always helps.

Cheers.

Saturday, March 31, 2007 1:34:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home