Friday, February 18, 2005

Ride home for Thursday, 17 Feb

Went round to see a friend after work and found my front brake was sticking on one side. I disassembled the brake and found the spring was all clogged up with road salt, grime, gunk and general dirt. I ended up stripping both brakes down, cleaning them, reassembling them (and lining up the springs on the brakes took quite a while, too!) and then testing them. It looks like the cable might be coming up for replacement as it's not sliding too well.

It was dark enough when I left that I couldn't see if the bike computer reset to zero, so of course, it didn't. The figures are based off the logged values less those from the morning ride. I was a bit quicker due to the lack of traffic and flashing yellows letting me pedal without stopping. I didn't think I was quite that quick, though...

Distance logged: 8.637km
Time: 18:59
Average speed: 26.77km/hr
Max speed: 76km/hr
Temperature: --2C to 4C, clear

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home