Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Ride into work for Tuesday, 15 Feb

Rode into work with only 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears working. Low gear was dead, high gear kept scraping on the chain so I was basically stuck in middle gear. Not a fun ride in, although I went faster than I expected.

I took the bike into the bike shop at lunch to get the rear cassette changed. The mechanic did it while I was there, saying it'd only take a few minutes. Then he checked the front derailleur and found the bolt and/or nut (I didn't hear which) had sheared the thread and the derailleur kept slowly slipping down. He fixed that by putting on a new derailleur out of the parts box, then realised a new cable would be needed so he threaded on a new cable. Finally he finished off tuning the derailleur until it worked perfectly. For this I was charged... $20. Gotta love the friendly LBS :-) I dropped down an extra $5 for the mechanic to get himself a drink with since he'd done such a good job.

Distance logged: 12.683km
Time: 39:13
Average speed: 19.4km/hr
Max speed: 59.1km/hr
Temperature: 1C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home