Sunday, February 20, 2005

Warbiking redux

Maintenance day, so I cleaned the bike pretty thoroughly. Now I have quick-release levers on both wheels I can pop them both off and really get in there to clean the crud off. That meant clumps of gunk were falling off the bike - euw. Also, I gave in and replaced the front brake pads.

So, after doing all that cleaning, I went out and did some more warbiking. It was just riding around the area (since I'm a bit limited by the rather short battery life in my Toshiba, even after pulling tricks like turning off the LCD panel and the hard drive). 234 access points found, 136 open, 98 closed - I suppose that's about right for a mostly residential area where people probably just buy their hardware from Futureshop, plug it in, find it works, and leave it running.

I suppose the next step is to integrate a GPS, and possibly to try to associate to open APs with a strong signal using my onboard wirelss NIC as I pass to take pictures and upload them, or some such.

Also, we had snow today! A whopping almost 1 centimetre! We're supposed to have snow on Tuesday and possibly Wednesday, too. Best keep the snow tyres on!

Distance logged: 12.120km
Time: 36:23
Average speed: 20.0km/hr
Max speed: 99.9km/hr (went through a traffic light)
Temperature: -8C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home