Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Ride home for Wednesday, 30 March

I stopped off at the bike shop on the way home to pick up another set of calipers for my front brakes. While I was there, I also got a new seat, as my current "ergonomic" seat is great for commuting on, but causes pain in the arse region (to use the technical term) after about 80km or so. The one seat has springs on the back, and is quite a bit wider, so hopefully I should be good to go.

The ride home was really windy - gusts of 80km/hr. Of course, it was all headwinds - I should have known my luck wasn't going to last. I ended up taking all the back roads wherever I could, so that (a) I could try to avoid some of the wind, and (b) be away from other traffic if I was hit by a bad gust. The worst part was on the fire trail, where I was on a slight downhill incline, but stuck in granny gear in first gear and unable to go any higher - if I'd had any lower gears I would have used them!

The winds are supposed to be a bit less tomorrow, and drop down to a rather more reasonable 20km/hr by the weekend. I suppose at least it's a sign that spring is here...

Distance logged: 12.767km
Time: 50:44
Average speed: 15km/hr
Temperature: 0C, windy, overcast
Cumulative distance: 1071.294km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home