Monday, December 12, 2005

Ride home for Monday, 12 December

Bit of a tricky ride home, pretty much all the back streets still had two or three inch deep ice on them with potholes, so a lot of concentration and careful riding was required. The upside of the layer of ice was that no cars were driving on the back streets, so I had the roads to myself and could weave around a bit onto clear patches.

The firetrail had been ploughed by Bobcats, which was a nice thought, but they left the path rather rutted, which then froze solid making for a bumpy ride home.

The overmittens are still doing a good job, but they haven't really seen decently cold temperatures to prove themselves. The antifog stuff wore off by the time I set off home - it still had some effect, but I think I'll have to apply it every time I go out - unless it takes a while to build up a coating or something. Picked up a new mirror at MEC at lunchtime, too.

Distance logged: 14.222km
Time: 49:34
Average speed: 17.2km/hr
Max speed: 42.2 km/hr
Temperature: 0C, overcast
Cumulative distance: 6795.741km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.24
Monthly distance: 252.907km
Monthly cost per km: $0.31

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home