Monday, December 12, 2005

Ride into work for Monday, 12 December

Picked up some overmittens at the weekend when I took my stepdaughter into town for Christmas shopping, and also found a place selling some coating in a jar to stop glasses from fogging. The guy demo'd it out on my cycling glasses (it was really bright out with the snow, so I wore them downtown) and it worked perfectly, so I picked up a jar. I got to try them both out today; the overmittens worked great, my hands weren't cold at all, and the antifog coating did the trick - instead of my glasses getting all steamed up at the lights, I just got a faint blurring. The blurring wasn't too bad, I wouldn't want to read fine print at a distance but for driving around it wasn't a problem.

The ride itself was a bit sucky, as the temperature was right on the verge of freezing so there were puddles of water sitting on top sections of inch-thick ice on the road. Hopefully that'll thaw before I head home. No accidents on the way in, but it turns out my mirror got fatally dinged in the fall I had on Friday, so I'll have to pick up a new one today...

Distance logged: 12.781km
Time: 42:40
Average speed: 18km/hr
Max speed: 50.7 km/hr
Temperature: -1C, cloudy
Cumulative distance: 6781.519km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.24
Monthly distance: 238.685km
Monthly cost per km: $0.31

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home