Thursday, February 09, 2006

Ride home for Thursday, 09 February

Found the puncture repair I did on my hydration pack didn't quite do the trick and leaked today. It's right on the edge where the tube attaches, so it sees a lot of stress, and has simply worn out, and unfortunately the lifetime warranty excludes "normal wear" and abrasion. MEC no longer carry Platypus products (I suspect I see why), and instead carry hydration packs from Source Vagabonds Systems (an impressively meaningless company name). I picked up the 3 litre version which looked to be the closest fit for the hydration pouch in my backpack. It just about fits if I curl it at the edges, so I can't fill it all the way, but there's enough there to get me home. It looks like it should fit perfectly in the minipack I wear in summer, though, so at least that's a point in its favour. I also stopped off at IdealBikes and picked up a new chain tool - Roger commented on how he was surprised he hadn't seen me lately, but was amused to hear my tale of woe with the melting chain tool.

Took a shorter ride home as I was running late, carrying a bunch of extra stuff (since I'm taking tomorrow off as a TOIL day) meant I wasn't as fast as I could have been - that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!

Distance logged: 13.001km
Time: 41:37
Average speed: 18.7km/hr
Max speed: 46.8 km/hr
Temperature: -4C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 708.630km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.44
Monthly distance: 188.226km
Monthly cost per km: $0.47

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home