Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Ride into work for Tuesday, 14 February

Not quite as much fun this morning as it was yesterday, the sides of the roads are now covered in car snot so I was taking the lane most of the way in.

I also tried experimenting with produce bags as vapour barriers; produce bags over a pair of wool socks, underneath another pair of wool socks. It worked surprisingly well, my feet were toasty warm all the way in without a hint of chill!

Distance logged: 12.724km
Time: 37:11
Average speed: 20.5km/hr
Max speed: 56.2 km/hr
Temperature: -7C, breezy, clear
Cumulative distance: 799.286km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.39
Monthly distance: 278.882km
Monthly cost per km: $0.32

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose that the slight cracking of the plastic bags sticking out from you sock, would also server to give notice to the pedestrians around you!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 3:43:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

Alas, the plastic bags were covered by my gaiters, and were prevented from making any noise. If I could figure out a way to bottle the whiff they left in the server room as they dried I might be ahead of the game, though...

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:50:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home