Sunday, February 12, 2006

Ride for Saturday, 11 February

Went for a ride to Tantallon as the weather was forecast to be good. It was a bit breezy on the road so I hopped onto the BLT trail as soon as I could. The trail had been partially cleared of snow in places, but a lot of it was still snow covered, and iced over where ATVs had been driving. That made for some interesting riding, as I went bouncing over the ruts.

I was the only person on the trail for the way out to Tantallon, but on the way back I saw 4 groups, all of them walking dogs, none of which were on a leash. None of the owners seemed overly concerned that their dogs weren't under control, no doubt if I ran over their dogs they wouldn't be to blame at all...

I decided to take a look to see how close to Halifax the trail went. It hadn't been builtup any further than last year, but I noticed another rider had already continued on alongside the rails. I followed the rails, and found they came out on the road by Bayer's Lake, which quite nicely cut off a rather busy stretch of road.

I took some pictures on the way, which came out fairly well.

Distance logged: 51.001km
Time: 157:46
Average speed: 19.4km/hr
Max speed: 37.2 km/hr
Temperature: -11C to -8C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 759.631km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.41
Monthly distance: 239.227km
Monthly cost per km: $0.37

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home