Saturday, April 22, 2006

Ride for Friday, 22 April

Rode home from Truro. After the blistering headwinds riding up, I was rewarded with blistering tailwinds on the way back - pretty much the entire ride I had the wind at my back, so I was zooming along with next to no effort. The only downside was that the lack of wind in my face meant I had nothing to take away the heat, so I was sweating buckets. This meant whenever I stopped I was pretty much immediately cold due to the 30-50km/hr wind, so I had to do the entire ride stopping as little as possible - I ended up stopping twice, which wasn't a great idea as I had cramps a couple of hours after being on the bike due to lack of food intake!

Regardless of the weather it was a fun ride, and definitely easier than the ride up. I don't know if I'll have to go back up to Truro to implement any of my recommendations, but hopefully the weather will be sunny by then if I do!

I had a pleasant surprise when I got back - the Brooks B17 saddle saddle I ordered from Cycle Therapy had arrived. Remarkably quick service, since I used the free shipping - I definitely think I'll be using them again!

Distance logged: 97.543km
Time: 209:51
Average speed: 27.9km/hr
Max speed: 50.4 km/hr
Temperature: 1C-2C, cloudy, windy
Cumulative distance: 2378.704km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.49
Monthly distance: 567.951km
Monthly cost per km: $0.73

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home