Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Ride home for Wednesday, 12 July

No ride in this morning as I went to the hospital with the wife and sprog to get the sprog's casts trimmed down. He's now a bit happier as they're lighter and cooler.

Picked up the Nishiki, I'm not adding the bill to my costs until I see what happens with the insurance. Saw a rather nice 18.5" FS mountain frame in the shop, so I asked Dave how big the FS mountain frames went. Without looking up from the wheel he was truing, he said, "there's a 22" frame out back your size I've been saving for you for when you want a mountain bike, it's $800 if you want just basic components on it" - it makes me wonder what else he has stuffed back there waiting for me to ask the right question...

Rode home via a client's office to do some work on his VPN, racking up some money on travel expenses. The bike didn't feel as fast as it should be, and the tyres were looking a bit low. I checked them when I got ohme, and they were both around 65-70PSI - with a max rating of 110PSI I'm slightly surprised I didn't get a snakebite flat...

Distance logged: 24.963km
Time: 69:37
Average speed: 21.5km/hr
Max speed: 56.9 km/hr
Temperature: 25C-26C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 3878.134km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.46
Monthly distance: 256.740km
Monthly cost per km: $0.28

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home