Saturday, November 01, 2008

Ride into work for Friday, 31 October

Slow ride in, as I was limited to one gear after the wheel came loose on the 3 speed and the gear chain snapped. I also put the smaller cog on to make the wheel sit further back in the dropouts and also, of course, to make it harder to pedal. To put it in perspective, on my 24 speed hybrid, I would guess I was at the equivalent of 5th gear in the middle ring. This, of course, made it somewhat difficult to pedal up anything more than a gentle incline, or indeed to start from a stop. Such as at a stop sign, say. I think I must have been quite a sight struggling to make a start pulling away from the stop signs like I was climbing the Alps...

Distance logged: 10.588km
Time: 27:36
Average speed: 23km/hr
Max speed: 49.2 km/hr
Temperature: 3C, cloudy
Cumulative distance: 5701.021km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.31
Monthly distance: 10.588km
Monthly cost per km: $0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home