Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Ride home for Tuesday, 13 December

A snowy ride home, there was just enough settling on the ground to make it slippery. I wasn't having much problem as I have my snow tyres on, but a lot of cars were going very gingerly, and I saw quite a few having problems going uphill.

The fire trail was... interesting. The snowfall covered all the ruts, so I had to take it slow while spinning fairly quickly to keep my momentum going. Going round the corners took some careful balancing, too - I was trackstanding at a couple of points while I got my balance, which was quite a novel experience...

More snow is forecast for tonight, and 40km/hr winds with 60km/hr gusts are forecast for tomorrow, which should make things even more fun...

Distance logged: 14.275km
Time: 52:39
Average speed: 16.3km/hr
Max speed: 43.2 km/hr
Temperature: -3C, snowing
Cumulative distance: 6822.803km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.24
Monthly distance: 279.969km
Monthly cost per km: $0.28

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home