Monday, January 30, 2006

Ride home for Monday, 30 January

I found out that my handlebar bag breaking also took out one of the wires on my bike computer. It's not really fixable without a soldering iron with a 90 degree tip on it, so I'm going to have to get another one - I'm hoping I can just get a harness. I used the distance from one of my regular rides home, and calculated the time taken by looking at the time when I left and when I arrived. Low tech, but it works.

I went into MEC and took a look at the options. The handlebar bags they had didn't look like they'd fit my riser bars - they looked more like they were designed for touring bikes and just wouldn't fit around all the junk on my handlebars. I picked up a smaller bag that would fit, and a seat bag (neither of which are on MEC's web site, for some reason). After I repacked everything from my handlebar bag into the two new bags, I was let over with my pump (wouldn't fit) and spare lenses (nowhere decent to put them). I think I'll go in tomorrow and look at either a rackpack or a frame bag, depending on which one works best...

Distance logged: 14.166km
Time: 55:00
Average speed: 15.5km/hr
Temperature: -4C, overcast
Cumulative distance: 485.207km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.46
Monthly distance: 485.207km
Monthly cost per km: $0.46

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home