Monday, January 30, 2006

Ride into work for Monday, 30 January

Fun ride in this morning, there was about 4cm or so of snow on the ground and the snow ploughs and salt trucks didn't make an appearance. The fire trail was solid ice under the snow and glassy smooth, going up the hill I suddenly hit a point steep enough that even the studded tyres weren't biting enough to ride and I slid backwards. I turned back at that point and got on the main road, I hope that bit was cleared quickly as a lot of schoolkids walk along there to get to school.

The roads were a bit of a mess, it was fine riding where there was either bare road or virgin snow, but anywhere where snow had accumulated and been driven on the snow had turned into hard packed ruts, which made steering a bit of a challenge. I took it easy and managed to get into work without incident. However, on arriving, I found that one of the straps on my handlebar bag had snapped, incidentally taking out one of my bike lights with it. Most odd, I don't recall hearing it snap, or going over a bump that was particularly sharp...

Distance logged: 13.490km
Time: 50:10
Average speed: 16.1km/hr
Max speed: 49.1 km/hr
Temperature: -6C, light snow
Cumulative distance: 471.041km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.43
Monthly distance: 471.041km
Monthly cost per km: $0.43

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home