Thursday, July 13, 2006

Ride into work for Thursday, 13 July

Had a doctor's appointment in Bedford this morning, this coincided with a heavy rainfall warning so I decided to take the mountain bike. I had a false start when I noticed the handlebars weren't straight and were a bit loose so I came back in and tightened all the nuts and bolts in the headset. Fast ride over to Bedford as I was running a bit late, then a bit of a slog into Halifax as there were some pretty nasty headwinds along the Bedford Highway. I took the shortcut down Joseph Howe onto Quinpool as I just wanted to get into work. I decided to ride from Bedford to Halifax in just shorts and jersey rather than fiddling around with waterproof gear since the rain was fairly warm, so when I got into the office I was dripping. I squeezed out all the water I could and hung my clothes up in the server room - hopefully the dehumidifier will dry everything out by the time I head home!

Distance logged: 30.309km
Time: 73:05
Average speed: 24.6km/hr
Max speed: 59.5 km/hr
Temperature: 17C, moderate to heavy rain, windy
Cumulative distance: 3908.443km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.45
Monthly distance: 287.049km
Monthly cost per km: $0.25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home