Sunday, December 17, 2006

Ride for Sunday, 17 December

Went out for a ride to gather more data for OpenStreetMap. Logged a chunk of the BLT trail but then disaster struck when my knee started aching. I ended up pedaling most of the way home standing up, which took quite a bit of effort. I think all the walking I did last week (a large portion of it uphill) may have thrown my knee off. Since the pain is at the outside front of the knee and my saddle is all the way back I'm a bit puzzled as to what's causing it; raising the saddle helped a bit but not for long. I can't think of any other changes I can make to the bike to make it fit any better, and I haven't changed anything else, so I'm going to have to avoid walking so much next week, which means I'm going to be stuck in cars for the latter half of next week as I'm back at Head Office.

Distance logged: 35.412km
Time: 107:58
Average speed: 19.7km/hr
Max speed: 41.6 km/hr
Temperature: -1C to 2C
Cumulative distance: 7807.587km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.38
Monthly distance: 217.027km
Monthly cost per km: $0.18

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home