Monday, December 18, 2006

Ride home for Monday, 18 December

Went into IdealBikes and dropped off my present for the guys - 3 boxes of beer, always a welcome present at a bike shop.

I think I may have found out what was causing my knee pain, I normally wear a knee brace in the winter for a bit of extra warmth. Just to see if it made a difference I left it off on the way home, and I felt an awful lot better - not perfect, but nowhere near so much pain, especially when I bunched up the fabric in my cycling pants around the knee so it didn't pull so much. I'm going to try wearing just kneewarmers and waterproof pants tomorrow to see if that gives me enough freedom of movement.

Rode up Main Avenue where a new road has been built to see if it linked up over the other side of the hill. The road now ends in gates with fire trail type paths behind it, I went for a ride in the dark there to see what I could find but there were just a whole bunch of radio transmission masts there - it doesn't look like there's going to be a cut through any time soon.

Distance logged: 16.323km
Time: 57:45
Average speed: 17km/hr
Max speed: 44 km/hr
Temperature: 1C
Cumulative distance: 7835.114km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.38
Monthly distance: 244.554km
Monthly cost per km: $0.3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home