Thursday, February 02, 2006

Ride home for Thursday, 02 February

A messy ride home, there were still several side streets that had yet to be ploughed. The fire trail was interesting, too - just enough snow on there to make it bumpy, and under that a layer of ice. I think tomorrow I might be taking the roads rather than the fire trail...

Went into MEC at lunch to return the light I bought last week as the clip broke. While I was there I picked up a Rackpack Backpack, as the seat bag I got was rubbing against the back of my legs in a rather irritating fashion, plus I have nowhere to stow my pump except in my backpack (which tends to eat pumps and spit out the bits). I can now offload a whole bunch of stuff into the rackpack off my back, which is a bonus. The seatbag should fit quite nicely on the Nishiki, as that has a larger saddle, so that all works out rather well.

Distance logged: 14.206km
Time: 48:10
Average speed: 17.7km/hr
Max speed: 44.3 km/hr
Temperature: -3C, overcast
Cumulative distance: 573.588km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.45
Monthly distance: 53.184km
Monthly cost per km: $0.65

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I do not have a MEC in my area, but am considering ordering the RackPack BackPack. Can you comment on it some more?

I am wondering, what is the method of attachment to the rack - is it fairly simple to deal with attaching/detatching?

How is it for use as an actual Backpack? Again, I wonder, is it easy to rip of your bike and get on your shoulders in a relatively timely fashion?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Monday, March 20, 2006 2:49:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home