Thursday, July 13, 2006

Ride home for Thursday, 13 July

My clothes were dry, courtesy of the dehumidifier in the server room (and all the servers pumping out hot air), however my shoes didn't manage to dry out too well, even with newspaper stuck inside. My feet soon warmed up to a reasonable temperature once I started riding, so it wasn't too bad.

Swapped the slicks on the mountain bike for a pair of Maxxis Wormdrive tyres when I got home, so I can go riding the trails this weekend. Unfortunately the rear tyre is rubbing against the fender, so I'll have to take it off and take a couple of washers off the fender.

Distance logged: 14.556km
Time: 41:22
Average speed: 21.1km/hr
Max speed: 54.5 km/hr
Temperature: 17C, drizzle
Cumulative distance: 3922.999km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.45
Monthly distance: 301.605km
Monthly cost per km: $0.24

4 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

Hi Steve,

Newspaper doesn't usually speed up the drying process. It just moves some of the soggy-ness from the shoe to the paper.

Friday, July 14, 2006 1:01:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

I was using it to wick the water out of the boot (which is a winter boot, with some kind of lining) to the dehumidified server room, which usually works. I should have guessed it wouldn't have worked so well this time when I had to pour water out of my boots after I took them out...

Friday, July 14, 2006 1:12:00 pm  
Blogger Doug said...

I have taken to wearing my navy surplus "sea boots" on wet days. They are very grippy, plus they keep the water out. I bought a pair a couple of years ago to wear around the house since they have a steel or fibreglass toe. They are pretty ugly now, covered in paint and scratches, but my feet are warm and dry.

Friday, July 14, 2006 2:44:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

Oh, that's a good idea - thanks for the tip! I've been meaning to go to Ron's on Agricola for a while to look at their camping gear, now I have a bit more incentive!

Saturday, July 15, 2006 10:04:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home