Friday, July 14, 2006

Ride into work for Friday, 14 July

Possibly my fastest average speed into work, I decided to push it this morning to see how fast I could go on the Nishiki - helped by school being out and a lot of people being on vacation.

Went into the Running Room and picked up some eload sachets, and then headed over the MEC and got some more brake pads, missing links (since a certain neighbourhood kid keeps borrowing mine to fix his chain) and assorted clif bars and shots. It was very hot and humid outside (22C, humidex taking it up to 28C) so I had one of the eload sachets when I got back to the office, which I really needed...

Distance logged: 16.599km
Time: 37:31
Average speed: 26.6km/hr
Max speed: 64.9 km/hr
Temperature: 16C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 3939.598km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.46
Monthly distance: 318.204km
Monthly cost per km: $0.4

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

even the maximum speed seems to have registered a high!

Friday, July 14, 2006 3:15:00 pm  
Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

Whip knot for handlebar wrap tape: I'm having a hard time picturing this. Are you talking about tying off the tape near the stem?

Friday, July 14, 2006 8:58:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

I hit 74.2 km/hr last year when I was going down a hill. While I was talking to the secretary at my doctor's office yesterday, she revealed that she came off her bike at around 100km/hr shortly before the finish line in a race, and still manage to finish first in her group - now that's getting up to scary levels of speed...

Fritz, I made a post just for you that (hopefully!) shows what I'm talking about.

Saturday, July 15, 2006 9:50:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home