Sunday, July 16, 2006

Ride for Saturday, 15 July

Went out to the Whopper Dropper, a local mountain biking trail, to do some geocaching. I passed by a couple (I was a bit leery about following the GPS 50 feet into the bush) but I finally found one that wasn't too far off the trail. By this time I was about halfway through the 5 litres of water I brought with me so I thought I'd better head back, after being out for almost two hours (the time below is just pedalling time - I did a lot of stopping to check the GPS). On the way out I caught a rock and took a fall, ending up with a fairly impressive but shallow gash on my knee - naturally, the same knee that just healed up from the car accident. After fixing up my handlebars I managed to make it back home without incident.

I took a few pictures while I was out there. My impressively wandering GPS log ended up looking like this, courtesy of Google Earth:




Distance logged: 10.706km
Time: 54:31
Average speed: 11.8km/hr
Max speed: 48.8 km/hr
Temperature: 26C-27C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 3994.119km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.46
Monthly distance: 372.725km
Monthly cost per km: $0.34

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home