Monday, July 17, 2006

Ride into work for Monday, 17 July

Bit of a misty ride in. A little on the slow side, too - the combination of my knee being a bit sore and hauling in a pile of gear for the week ahead meant I could never really get up to speed.

I picked up some Elastoplast "Spray Bandage" from the drugstore when I got to work so my knee wouldn't chafe against my trousers. The directions noted "a stinging sensation may occur briefly on application". I think this should actually be phrased, "be prepared for the feeling of a blowtorch flensing off the exposed nerve endings for 2-3 minutes".

Distance logged: 16.472km
Time: 43:10
Average speed: 22.9km/hr
Max speed: 55.6 km/hr
Temperature: 18C, misty
Cumulative distance: 4012.852km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.46
Monthly distance: 391.458km
Monthly cost per km: $0.32

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, came across your blog a few months ago, now I read it every day!

Just wondering a few things about you
If your willing to answer;

age?
The route you take everyday?

Thanks.

Monday, July 17, 2006 12:43:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

I'm 34, and the route I take varies depending on the time of year and the weather. Digging around in the archives I found a GPS log I did last year for a similar question. The red dotted route is the ride home, the plain green is the ride in with a detour to Bedford for a doctor's appointment.

Monday, July 17, 2006 1:03:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home