Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Ride home for Wednesday, 14 December

Windy ride home, the forecast was 40km/hr winds with 60km/hr gusts, and I think Environment Canada hit it pretty much dead on. There was still a lot of snow on the roads but the ploughs had been out in force so it was slushy rather than icy and inch deep, so it was quite a bit less slippery - no fishtailing around. I went via the Farmer's Market on the way home so I was carrying an extra 6 pounds or so of fruit for the last few km which helped my traction a bit, I think - plus I had a tailwind on the way home, which is always enjoyable. I could have done without the -15C wind chill, though...

Distance logged: 19.056km
Time: 71:19
Average speed: 16km/hr
Max speed: 42.2 km/hr
Temperature: -6C, flurries, windy
Cumulative distance: 6854.623km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.24
Monthly distance: 311.789km
Monthly cost per km: $0.25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home